We don’t just provide loans; we provide a wide range of member services:
Current Account from Waterford Credit Union
We are excited to announce the launch of our Current Account and Debit Card. The Current Account service provides a real choice for members day-to-day money needs. Members can now operate a full-service current account, which is separate from your savings or loan accounts. The Debit Mastercard gives instant access to money in your current account through a globally accepted debit card, a secure app and online portal with mobile functionality. Waterford CU is always with you no matter where you are in the world!
Nevertheless, your account will continue to be delivered and managed by our friendly staff. You can still drop in or call anytime.
Waterford Credit Union – a real and beneficial alternative to your bank but, we promise to never lose our personal touch.
- Easy to sign up
- Same friendly service
- Transparent fees
- Globally accepted debit card
- Contactless payment
- *NEW Google Pay and Fitbit Pay digital wallets
- Instant access to your money
- Instore, online or at ATM’s
- Salary deduction/bill payment
- Overdraft for unexpected expenses
- Cash back available
Lost or Stolen Debit Card | Suspicious Transaction
- If you need to get in contact regarding a lost or stolen debit card or you are suspicious of a transaction on your debit card account please call our ‘Credit Union Card Services’ team on 01 693 3333
Further Information & Support
- For full details on T&Cs and Fees/Charges please visit currentaccount.ie
CU Online+ is the name of our new and improved online banking service!
You can register for CU Online+ on our website and access it 24 hours a day, free of charge.
It’s quick, it’s easy, and it puts you in control.
What can you do online?
- Check account balances & recent transactions
- View / print statements
- Apply for Current Account/ Debitcard
- Transfer money
- Pay bills
- Calculate loan repayments
- Apply for a loan
What happens after the member registers?
After registration is received by WCU, the member will receive a call/e mail from us for verification. The member will then be sent a PIN number by SMS to their mobile, this is to be used in conjunction with their PASSWORD (which they created when they first registered).
– The first time a member logs into their account whether via the website or the mobile app they will be required to enter:
- OTP (One time passcode sent via SMS)
- Create a memorable word (Only required if you later wish to change pin/password).
Waterford Credit Union are proud to launch our brand new mobile app,’Waterford Credit Union’.
Members will no longer have access to our our old app “CU Anywhere” from 31st May 2021.
Where can members download the new ‘Waterford Credit Union’ app?
‘Waterford Credit Union’ app can be downloaded from the ‘App Store’ using an iPhone or Google ‘Play Store’ on Android.
Simply search ‘Waterford Credit Union’.
Logging into new app
Members must use the same login details as their Waterford CU online banking.
If a member is not registered online, there is a link on the app to our online registration page on the website, where they can register.
When logging in via the Waterford Credit Union app (after the first log in) members can set the facial recognition/fingerprint option if they have these options available on their phone.
If someone do not have facial recognition/ fingerprint option, they simply use their online banking login details.
- Check account balances and recent transactions
- View/print statements
- Transfer money
- Pay bills
- Calculate loan repayments
- Apply for a loan
- Apply for a Current Account/Debitcard
Not a member..
If someone attempts to download the app and is not a member, there is a link on the app ‘Join our credit union’ that will bring them to our website where they can sign up to become a member.
What are you waiting for, download our new app today!
How would you like to win a new car? For only €38.09 per year (less than €1 per week), it could be you. All you have to do is download an application form (or call into one of our branches to collect a form), fill it out and drop it into any of our offices. The members-only draw is not for profit, which means that all surplus funds are used for extra cash prizes. The more members who participate in the draw, the more prizes are available. So don’t delay, join today.
We offer a full bill payment service to all our members. Just bring in the receiver details for who you wish to pay. We can then set up a frequency (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) on your account for a set date with a set amount to pay. We can also make one-off payments in the branch at your request. We currently collect over the counter payments for Bord Gais, Electric Ireland, Eircom and Virgin Media (formerly UPC) and many more. Just ask any of our staff in branch for more details.
For your added convenience, Waterford Credit Union can accept debit card payments from our members. You can use debit cards in our office or over the phone to lodge savings and/or repay loans.
We allow members to transfer money electronically from their bank account to their credit union, and vice versa. All we need is your bank IBAN and BIC, as well as your member IBAN and BIC. Feel free to contact us if you’ve any questions.
We offer competitive rates on foreign exchange services to all our members. Popular currencies like sterling and US dollars are kept in stock. Other currencies are available to order. Please contact us in advance of your travel to ensure we have sufficient stock. We will also buy back any foreign bank notes you purchase from us on return. Please note that the current rate of commission is 1% (minimum €1, maximum €15).
F.A.S.T. stands for Financial Advice Service Team. It is a new, free, confidential service for Waterford CU members and is designed to offer professional, independent advice on personal finance issues. It operates separately to the credit control and lending departments, so there is no conflict of interest.
Members who are experiencing financial difficulties can contact the F.A.S.T. team and will be supported and educated about the core principles of budgeting. Even members who are not experiencing difficulties are invited to contact the F.A.S.T. team if they would like some professional advice on managing their money better.
Over three half-hour meetings, we will help you to:
- Assess your income and expenditure
- Identify areas where savings can be made
- Put in place a plan of action for the long term
To book an appointment, contact Ann Marie Drohan or any member of the F.A.S.T. Team. Tel: 051 861 600, email: email@example.com
Waterford Credit Union provide a purpose-built Safety Deposit Box service to our members. This service is available in our Upper Grange branch. There is access to your Safety Deposit Box 5 days a week, as per our Upper Grange branch opening hours. Members should note that access is by appointment only; please contact Paula on 051 861600 to arrange an appointment.
We provide a secure and private area for access to your Safety Deposit Box where you have complete peace of mind and confidentiality. Free parking is available and our trained officers are on hand to provide assistance and advice where necessary.
You must be a member of Waterford Credit Union and over 18 years of age to be eligible to apply for a Safety Deposit Box. If required, joint accounts may hold a single Safety Deposit Box.
Terms and Conditions apply and are available on request. Please contact Rose on 051 861656 for details on our rental charges and Safety Deposit Box availability.
Terms & Conditions
• Term: Personal Diddley Account must comprise of at least 44 weekly/11 monthly payments of the same amount commencing from January 2021. The term will end on 30th November 2021. Payments will be made to members on December 1st 2021.
• The account is only open to members 16 years of age and over.
• Subject to lodgements of the same amount each week or month. Members can save as little or as much as they wish up to a maximum of €42.50 per week or €180 per month per Personal Diddley Account over the term.
• Only one Personal Diddley Account per member.
• Members must have a minimum share balance of €63.50 to avail of the product and retain this for the duration.
• No Interest or Bonus will be paid on the 2021 Personal Diddley Account.
• No withdrawals are permitted and all funds must remain in the account until 30th November 2021.
• Please Note: No Personal Diddley Account will be allowed to exceed the weekly or monthly limit.
• Please note that a member cannot hold overall balances more than €30,000 each in Waterford Credit Union accounts, so please choose your Personal Diddley Account balance to fit this criteria.
• In the event of a member’s demise during the term of the account all funds lodged to the Diddley account will be included in any final balance payable to the members nominee.
• Should your loan account fall into arrears during the term of the Diddley, Waterford Credit Union will reserve the right to cancel the Diddley and the funds available used to offset the arrears.
• It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that all funds pertaining to the Diddley are lodged or received into their account in time for the weekly or monthly transfer to complete. E.g. (All weekly funds to be received prior to the Saturday and all monthly funds to be received before the last day in any calendar month.) This may require you to review your Standing Order, Direct Debit or payroll.
Find out everything you need to know about insurance with Waterford Credit Union
- Loan Protection Insurance
- Life Savings Insurance
- Payment Protection Insurance
- Death Benefit Insurance Travel, Home & Car Insurance