We don’t just provide loans; we provide a wide range of member services:
Current Account from Waterford Credit Union
Waterford Credit Union are excited to announce the launch of our new Current Account and Debit Card which is planned for October 2019. The Current Account service will provide a real choice for our members day-to-day money needs. Members will be able to operate a full-service current account, that is separate from their savings or loan accounts. The Debit Card gives instant access to money in your current account through a globally accepted debit card, a secure app and online portal with mobile functionality – so Waterford CU is always with you no matter where you are in the world.
Nevertheless, your account will continue to be delivered and managed by our friendly staff. You can still drop in or call anytime.
Waterford Credit Union will be a real and beneficial alternative to your bank but, we promise to never lose our personal touch.
- Easy to sign up
- Same friendly service
- Transparent fees
- Globally accepted debit card
- Contactless payment
- Instant access to your money
- Instore, online or at ATM’s
- Salary deduction/bill payment
- Overdraft for unexpected expenses
- Cash back available
Lost or Stolen Debit Card | Suspicious Transaction
- If you need to get in contact regarding a lost or stolen debit card or you are suspicious of a transaction on your debit card account please call our ‘Credit Union Card Services’ team on 01 693 3333
Further Information & Support
- For full details on T&Cs and Fees/Charges please visit currentaccount.ie
CU Online is the name of our online banking service. It allows you to check your account balances and recent transactions, view statements, transfer money, pay bills, calculate loan repayments, and apply for a loan. You can register for CU Online on our website and access it 24 hours a day, free of charge. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it puts you in control.
*The mobile app uses the same login details as your online banking, so before you download it, you should first register for online banking.
CU Anywhere is the name of our mobile app. It’s FREE of charge and allows you to access your credit union account on your smart phone or tablet device. Similar to CU Online, it allows you to check account balances and recent transactions, transfer money, pay bills etc. To download the mobile app, go to the App Store or Google Play.
How would you like to win a new car? For only €38.09 per year (less than €1 per week), it could be you. All you have to do is download an application form (or call into one of our branches to collect a form), fill it out and drop it into any of our offices. The members-only draw is not for profit, which means that all surplus funds are used for extra cash prizes. The more members who participate in the draw, the more prizes are available. So don’t delay, join today.
We offer a full bill payment service to all our members. Just bring in the receiver details for who you wish to pay. We can then set up a frequency (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) on your account for a set date with a set amount to pay. We can also make one-off payments in the branch at your request. We currently collect over the counter payments for Bord Gais, Electric Ireland, Eircom and Virgin Media (formerly UPC) and many more. Just ask any of our staff in branch for more details.
For your added convenience, Waterford Credit Union can accept debit card payments from our members. You can use debit cards in our office or over the phone to lodge savings and/or repay loans.
We allow members to transfer money electronically from their bank account to their credit union, and vice versa. All we need is your bank IBAN and BIC, as well as your member IBAN and BIC. Feel free to contact us if you’ve any questions.
We offer competitive rates on foreign exchange services to all our members. Popular currencies like sterling and US dollars are kept in stock. Other currencies are available to order. Please contact us in advance of your travel to ensure we have sufficient stock. We will also buy back any foreign bank notes you purchase from us on return. Please note that the current rate of commission is 1% (minimum €1, maximum €15).
F.A.S.T. stands for Financial Advice Service Team. It is a new, free, confidential service for Waterford CU members and is designed to offer professional, independent advice on personal finance issues. It operates separately to the credit control and lending departments, so there is no conflict of interest.
Members who are experiencing financial difficulties can contact the F.A.S.T. team and will be supported and educated about the core principles of budgeting. Even members who are not experiencing difficulties are invited to contact the F.A.S.T. team if they would like some professional advice on managing their money better.
Over three half-hour meetings, we will help you to:
- Assess your income and expenditure
- Identify areas where savings can be made
- Put in place a plan of action for the long term
To book an appointment, contact Ann Marie Drohan or any member of the F.A.S.T. Team. Tel: 051 861 600, email: email@example.com
Waterford Credit Union provide a purpose-built Safety Deposit Box service to our members. This service is available in our Upper Grange branch. There is access to your Safety Deposit Box 5 days a week, as per our Upper Grange branch opening hours. Members should note that access is by appointment only; please contact Paula on 051 861600 to arrange an appointment.
We provide a secure and private area for access to your Safety Deposit Box where you have complete peace of mind and confidentiality. Free parking is available and our trained officers are on hand to provide assistance and advice where necessary.
You must be a member of Waterford Credit Union and over 18 years of age to be eligible to apply for a Safety Deposit Box. If required, joint accounts may hold a single Safety Deposit Box.
Terms and Conditions apply and are available on request. Please contact Rose on 051 861656 for details on our rental charges and Safety Deposit Box availability.
Terms & Conditions
• Term: Personal Diddley Account must comprise of at least 45 weekly/11 monthly payments of the same amount commencing from January 2020. The term will end on 30th November 2020. Payments will be made to members on December 1st 2020.
• The account is only open to members 16 years of age and over.
• Subject to lodgements of the same amount each week or month. Members can save as little or as much as they wish up to a maximum of €3,000 per Personal Diddley Account over the term.
• Only one Personal Diddley Account per member.
• Members must have a minimum share balance of €63.50 to avail of the product and retain this for the duration.
• Interest earned is credited to the Personal Diddley Account on a monthly basis.
• Interest accrued will be 0.5% AER over the term of the account. E.g. if you save €250 pm for 11 months, your total of €2750 will earn you €6.88 @ 0.5% giving you an overall accumulated balance of €2756.88.• Please Note: No Personal Diddley Account will be allowed to exceed the €3,000 limit. Please note that members cannot hold overall balances more than €30,000 each in Waterford Credit Union accounts so please choose your Personal Diddley Account balance to fit this criteria.
• In the event of a member’s demise during the term of the account all funds lodged to the Diddley account will be included in any final balance payable to the members nominee.
• Interest paid subject to DIRT at prevailing rate, except where members meet current requirements for DIRT exemption (Form DE1 completed).
• Should your loan account fall into arrears during the term of the Diddley, Waterford Credit Union will reserve the right to cancel the Diddley and the funds available used to offset the arrears.
• It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that all funds pertaining to the Diddley are lodged or received into their account in time for the weekly or monthly transfer to complete. E.g. (All weekly funds to be received prior to the Saturday and all monthly funds to be received before the last day in any calendar month.) This may require you to review your Standing Order, Direct Debit or payroll.
Find out everything you need to know about insurance with Waterford Credit Union
- Loan Protection Insurance
- Life Savings Insurance
- Payment Protection Insurance
- Death Benefit Insurance Travel, Home & Car Insurance