This is our statement of practice on the privacy and security of your information when accessing or using this Website.
1. Who We are
We are Waterford Credit Union Limited (“we” or “us”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This statement sets out the basis on which any of your personal data is processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. We are a data controller for the purpose of the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (“Acts”).
2. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our online credit union services.
- Information that you or others provide by filling in forms on our website or which you or they otherwise provide to us.
- Any instructions we accept from you or transactions we undertake to which you are a party, whether through our website, branches or otherwise.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Telephone calls may be recorded. This is to verify your information, for our staff training, regulatory and for service quality purposes.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to help us provide a better service; to record session information and/or to assist you in browsing the website. This may in some instances only be statistical data about how you browse our website.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate usage numbers and patterns;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the website
The website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the website. The Cookies used by this product collect information in an anonymous form and are used by many different websites. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. What we do with your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide credit union and other related services, products and facilities to you;
- to assess eligibility and credibility for the services, products and facilities we offer;
- to implement any contracts we have entered into with you;and
- to conduct credit searches with credit reference agencies in order to provide credit facilities and, where necessary, for fraud prevention and debt recovery.
We may also use information about you to notify you about changes to our services to which you have subscribed or to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or, where you have agreed to us doing so, which we feel may interest you.
We may use anonymised or statistical information to analyse our website and services and to make improvements or other adjustments to them.
5. Where we store your personal information
It is possible that some of the information about you that we hold may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, one of our suppliers or someone else. For instance, if it is necessary to do so to complete a transaction, your personal information (e.g. name and account details) may be sent to a third party or one of our contracted supplies outside the EEA.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
6. Security for CU Online
All information you provide to us through CU Online is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions undertaken through CU Online are encrypted using SSL technology.
You must keep your PIN, Password and Username for CU Online, and any other security device we give you, safe and secure.
You should log off CU Online and your Online Account when finished using CU Online.
The use of the Internet, by its nature, is not always secure. As a result, while we have reasonable IT security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of communications made over the Internet including any related to CU Online, the Online Services or your Online Account.
You are responsible for providing all you require to safely and properly access and use CU Online and the Online Services including a computer, an Internet connection and security software.
7. Your Rights
You have rights under the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8. Changes to our Privacy Statement or Terms and Conditions
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement or terms and conditions in the future will be posted on this page.
9. Contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
1. This Site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree that the Irish courts Will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
2. We have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform them about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
3. Information about some of the services on this Site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
4. Information about some of the services on this Site is subject to additional Legal Notices and Warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to carefully read all Legal Notices and Warnings on the pages of this Site that you visit.
5. We have given the information on the Site in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Site at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgment at the date given and are also subject to change without notice. Accordingly you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the Site, we recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
6. The information contained in this Site is not an invitation or offer to invest in the shares of the Credit Union or any other service or otherwise deal in these or enter into a contract with us or any other company. The information provided should not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
7. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology. Waterford Credit Union cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of information relating to you that is sent over the internet. In accessing this website and availing of any of the services available you are deemed by these Terms and Conditions of Use to accept that internet communication and electronic mail messaging may be interfered with by a third party and may not remain confidential. Use of this website is at your own risk.
8. Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk. No third party is permitted to create a link from any other website to this website without prior written consent.
9. Access to and use of this Site is at the user's own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Site or any its contents.
10. The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
11. Waterford Credit Union will use your personal data in the manor set out in its privacy statement. However, in the event of a conflict between the privacy statement and these Terms and Conditions of Use, the Terms and Conditions of use will prevail.
12. The contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification. The information in this Site may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Site up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
13. Copyright in the Site and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.