Waterford Credit Union offers many insurance products, some of which are free!
FREE Life Savings Insurance:
- A life cover provided to all eligible members as an additional incentive to save regularly. The benefit payable is in proportion to the amount of savings a member had made during their membership, prior to age 70.
FREE Loan Protection Insurance:
- Insurance cover provided to eligible members which will clear any remaining loan balance in the event of the member's death.
Death Benefit Insurance:
- In the event of a member's death, a sum of €3,250 is paid by Waterford Credit Union to provide the deceased's family with additional support for bereavement costs.
- Eligibility is based on becoming a member before age 70, and having a minimum share balance of €200 or an active loan on 30th September of each year.
- An annual premium (€19 approx) is deducted from the member's dividend or shares at the time of the AGM.
- Under 16's are covered free if they have the minimum balance requirements as above.
Repayment Protection Insurance:
- An optional insurance which protects your loan repayments for a specified time period if the member is out of work due to redundancy, accident, sickness or critical illness.
- The cost of the insurance will depend on the size and term of the loan.
- A comprehensive worldwide travel insurance policy, available for an individual or family.
- Covers medical expenses upto €2,500,000, accidents €32,000, holiday cancellations & travel delay, baggage loss, hospital benefits, etc.
- Speak to any of our staff about the full benefits or click on the brochure link below.
For more specific details on any of the above, please check out our Insurance Brochure.